The CASJ is currently working with the University of Leicester’s Department of Politics and International Relations to organise two further seminars as part of the ‘Animals, Ethics and Public Policy’ series. These will cover animal agriculture and animal experimentation, and will take place in April and July 2013.
- Animal research seminar: latest developments Update on speakers and topics for 'Animal research, ethics & public policy' seminar on July 4th at the University of Leicester.
- Seminar on 'Animal research, ethics and public policy'The CASJ is working with the University of Leicester to hold a seminar on 4th July 2013 examining: 'Animal research, ethics and public policy...'.
- CASJ Seminar Tackles Farm Animal Welfare PolicyWith the horsemeat fiasco and enforcement problems with the EU ban on sow stalls, the CASJ's 10 April 2013 seminar on farm animal welfare policy comes at a critical time.
- Animals, Ethics and Public Policy Seminar series30th June 2011, London School of Economics. The inaugural seminar of this four-part series marks the official launch of the CASJ.
Key Projects & Activities
The CASJ’s priority programmes will involve research and advocacy in three crucial areas:
1. Animals’ legal/political status
2. Institutional representation for animals
3. Policy Strategies for Animal Protection
See Projects for further details.